Who is eligible for this insurance?
If you are an NSPE member who is under age 60, actively at work at least 30 hours a week, and not on active duty in the military, you are eligible to apply.
How much insurance can I request?
Benefits under Plan A and Plan B are subject to these maximum amounts.
- If you are under age 50, you may receive up to $7,500 per month in disability benefits
- If you are age 50-54, you may receive up to $4,000 per month in disability benefits
- If you are age 55-59, you may receive up to $2,000 per month in disability benefits
What counts as a disability?
Total disability means a disability which:
- during the waiting period and the first 60 months that total disability benefits are payable, wholly and continuously prevents an insured person from performing the substantial and material duties of his or her usual occupation; and
- after that, wholly and continuously prevents an insured person from engaging in any and every occupation or employment for which he or she is reasonably suited by training, education, or experience.
What should I count as my pre-disability income?
Pre-disability income is your average net monthly earnings for the 12-month or 24-month period prior to onset of disability, whichever is higher.
Where do I find my rates?
Please visit the Forms tab and download the brochure for more details, including premium rates.
Are there any exclusions to this plan?
Yes, there are some exclusions and limitations. Please review the brochure for complete information on what the policy will not cover.
Not intended for residents of New Mexico.